Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby Garlic


I was cooking dinner a week and a half ago and one of my garlic cloves was sprouting. I decided to plant it in some soil and see how well this little fella grew. To my surprise, the little sprout grows a little more each day. Nick thinks it's because I talk to it every day. I really like nurturing my plants just like I nurture my companion animals. They are part of the family. The oldest plant I have I got for my 22nd birthday from my good friend Nadine. So, I have had this plant in my possession for 4 years. I have no idea what type of indoor plant it is but it's beautiful and it makes me happy to see it doing so well every day. That plant has taught me a lot about taking care of other life forms. I've almost killed it many times but it came back to life with a little love and care. 
That's all for now. 

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

i miss you. and i love that you are sprouting garlic. :)